Full Name Narendra Damodardas Modi
Physical Stats & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour White
Political Party Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
Narendra Modi is a member of BJP
Political Journey • In 1985, he joined BJP.
• In 1988, BJP elected him Organizing Secretary of Party’s Gujarat Unit.
• In November 1995, he was elected National Secretary of BJP.
• In May 1998, he became the General Secretary of BJP.
• On 3 October 2001, he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the 1st time and retained the post till 2014.
• He was appointed to BJP Parliamentary Board on 31 March 2013.
• He won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from the Varanasi Constituency by a massive margin of 3,71,784 votes.
• On 26 May 2014, he was appointed the 14th Prime Minister of India.
• He won the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from the Varanasi Constituency by a margin of 4,79,505 votes; larger than the previous margin in the 2014 General Elections.
• On 30 May 2019, he took the oath as the 15th Prime Minister of India.
Awards, Honours 2007: Named the Best Chief Minister in a nationwide survey by India Today
2012: Appeared on the cover of the Asian edition of Time Magazine
2014: Awarded Indian of the Year by CNN-IBN news network; also, Forbes Magazine ranked him the 15th-Most-Powerful Person in the World
2015: Bloomberg Markets Magazine ranked him the 13th-Most-Influential Person in the World; also, named one of Time’s “30 Most Influential People on the Internet” as the second-most-followed politician on Twitter and Facebook
2014 & 2016: Declared winner of the Time magazine reader’s poll for Person of the Year
2016: On 3rd April, honoured with Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud; the highest civilian honour of Saudi Arabia
2016: On 4th June, honoured with State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan; the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan
2014, 2015, and 2017: Named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World
2015, 2016, and 2018: Forbes Magazine ranked him the 9th-Most-Powerful Person in the World
• On 10th February, honoured with Grand Collar of the State of Palestine; the highest civilian honour of Palestine for foreign dignitaries
• On 27th September, awarded the Champions of the Earth Award; the UN’s highest environmental honour, also given to five other individuals and organisations, for his leadership of the International Solar Alliance and pledge to eliminate single-use plastic by 2022
• On 24 October, conferred with the Seoul Peace Prize for 2018 for his contribution to international cooperation and fostering global economic growth.
• On 22 February, he received the prestigious Seoul Peace Prize for 2018.
Date of Birth 17 September 1950 (Sunday)
Age (as of 2020) 70 Years
Birthplace Vadnagar, Bombay State (Now, Gujarat), India
Zodiac sign Virgo
Narendra Modi signature
Hometown Vadnagar, Gujarat, India
School Higher Secondary School, Vadnagar, Gujarat
College/University • Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India
• University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
Educational Qualification(s) • SSC exam from Gujarat Board in 1967
• BA in Political Science (a distance-education course from Delhi University)
• MA in Political Science from Gujarat University in 1983
Caste OBC (Modh Ghanchi), for more information about his caste, Click Here
Blood Group A (+ve)
Food Habit Vegetarian
Address (permanent) C-1, Someshwar Tenament, Ranip, Ahmedabad-382480, Gujarat
Address (official) 7, Lok Kalyan Marg (earlier called 7 Race Course Road), New Delhi
Hobbies Doing Yoga, Reading
Narendra Modi Biography
Controversies • The biggest controversy in his career is the 2002 Gujarat Riots in which he has been criticized to mastermind it. However, on 11 December 2019, Justice Nanavati-Mehta Commission gave clean chit to him in the 2002 Gujarat riots. The Gujarat Government tabled the final part of the Justice Nanavati-Mehta Commission report on the 2002 riots, in the Assembly on 11 December 2019. The report deals with post-Godhra violence in which more than 1,000 people were killed in the widespread communal riots across the State. The Commission has given clean chit to the then Chief Minister Narendra Modi and others in post-Godhara riots. The Commission held that the riots were not organised and the State administration had taken all necessary measures to control the situation. 
• Teesta Setalvad held him responsible for the murder of her husband in the Gulbarg Society in 2002.
• He was also held responsible for the fake encounter of Ishrat Jahan.
• He has also been criticized regarding his marital status.
• The United States denied visa for his role in the Gujarat Riots.
• He was criticized for tapping the phone-calls of a girl (a student of architecture) in the Snoopgate scandal.
• In 2015, he was criticized for wearing a suit worth ₹10 Lakh with a monogram of his name- Narendra Modi
Unknow Facts About Narendra modi Biography
|Prime Minister of India Bhārat ke Pradhānamantri|
|Formation||15 August 1947|
|Deputy||Vacant, Deputy Prime Minister of India|
|Salary||₹280,000 (US$3,900) (per month) (₹3,360,000 Annual)|
|Residence||7, Lok Kalyan Marg, New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Alma mater||University of Delhi (BA) Gujarat University (MA)|
|Net worth||₹ 2.85 Crore (June 2020)|
|Awards||List of state honours|
Who gives salary to CM?
How many terms Narendra Modi was a Gujarat CM?
Narendra Modi government to announce law on cow protection
- Who is the prime minister of India Question Answer?